Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Chapter 584

Once Sam and his mom are on the front porch:
Sam: -Goes to stnad against the wairing and sighs-
Mary: -Goes to rub his back- You kay?
Sam: Listen, I'm sorry if I scared you. I just felt like it had to come out. I mean....he should've known better. My friend held out his hand when it is a family run business. And to be honest mom, the only reason dad got the job was because of our situation and because I am friends with Burt.
Mary: I get it Sam.

Sam: And I mean, does he not know how bad this is for me too? I feel like now I should quit thanks to him.
Mary: What? Why?
Sam: Because now it is going to be awkward. I mean, think about what it will be like when I go in for my next shift. I mean, does someone really want to hear this. "Hey boss, thanks again for giving me this opportunity. Sorry again about my old co-worker that I suggested you hire. I was just trying to help him. I didn't know he was a bad pick." I mean, how is he going to take my judgements seriously now? I mean sure, he is my dad and I was biased but now, I am not sure what to think of him. He betrayed my trust and my loyalty to him. I mean, I don't want to see him right now, that is how mad I am at him. -Sighs and turns to look at her- Can I take some anger out on you right now because I feel like I didn't get all of my anger out there. It's still in me.
Mary: Here, sit down and I will get you a water. We can talk. Want me to get Quinn?
Sam: -Sighs- Can you? I need some comfort now from both you and her.
Mary: -Nods and then goes to get him some water and some comfort-

No comments:

Post a Comment