Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Chapter 681.1

After answering his phone:
Sam: -Sloutches down in bed and looks at Quinn- Hey Burt, why are you calling so late?
Quinn: -Goes to sit on his lap and cuddles up to him-
Sam: -Rubs her arm sighing as he talks to his Boss-
Quinn: -Lays down on his chest and puts her head on his shoulder-

Burt PC: Sorry I am. I just wanted to let you know that I feel really bad for what happened today and I know you needed the cash so, I want to let you know that I do have an open shift tomorrow. It's from 1 to 3. I will pay you triple rate.
Sam: Sorry, did you just say triple rate for 2 hours?
Burt PC: Yes. I know I gave you the weekends off for family, we agreed to that. Plus, it is overtime for a shift not in your contract.
Sam: Wow, uhm I need to talk it over with Quinn but, can I just come if I come?
Burt PC: Actually, can you call me by 10:30 tomorrow?
Sam: How about you call me? I will be busy with Beth and then the kids, big mess. I will forget.
Burt PC: Of course. 10:30.
Sam: Thanks again Burt.
Burt PC: Night guys.
Sam: -Smiles as he hangs up before shutting his phone off and looking down at Quinn- Okay, I need to talk to you about something.
Quinn: Is it work?
Sam: Can you promise to hear me out first?
Quinn: Okay. -Looks at him-
Sam: Okay. So Burt just offered me a shift.
Quinn: You want it to make more money?
Sam: Listen, I know I promised to always have the weekend with you and he knows that I made that promise but Quinn, he is offering me something amazing.
Quinn: What is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment